Hereford Health Room
Our school nurse, Mrs. Laura Wismer's website contains a wealth of information.
- How can my child properly take medication at school?
- When can my child attend school after a fever has ended?
- How do I handle school sick days?
- Where can I find excuse blanks?
Please click the link to learn more.
Read Across America Week
The week of February 27 - March 3
In honor of Dr. Seuss, students are encouraged to dress up each day. Keep an eye on Twitter for some of the best each day!
- Monday - crazy socks (Fox and Socks)
- Tuesday - pajama day (Dr. Seuss’ Sleep Book)
- Wednesday - wacky hair day (Wacky Wednesday)
- Thursday - dress up as your future career (Oh the Places You’ll Go)
- Friday - hat day (The Cat in the Hat)
No Dogs Allowed At Parent Pick-Up
We love dogs! In fact, over the last several years, we have partnered with an amazing community volunteer group named "Reading With The Dogs". Each week, emergent readers are paired with therapy dogs and their handlers to read together.
We realize that dogs are a true member of many of our families. They go with us everywhere. However, for reasons of safety and security, please do not bring your dog into the school or allow them out of your car at any time. We have received several concerns about dogs coming to parent pick-up each afternoon. If they make they trip with you to the building, please leave your dog in the car.
UPSD Elementary Square Dance
On Friday, February 17th, the annual Fifth Grade Square Dance was held at Hereford Elementary School.
Why do we do the Square Dance? - "Learn To Listen, so you can Listen To Learn" - Mr. Robert Clark
- Meet PA Standards Dance Requirement
- Learn Left and Right
- Team Work
- Overcoming Adversity
- Tradition - We have been doing Country Style dancing for over 40 years in the Upper Perkiomen School District!